Wednesday, January 12, 2011

There's Something In the Water...

Shape and movement come to mind at first glimpse of this object. There is clearly something commanding about the shape and it demonstrates a powerful but graceful beauty. I cannot help but to think of some form of head dress when I see the shell form certain points of view, however the shell also makes a statement with color and texture.

The grey-greens for me create the energy of everything that is living, but also everything that is uncharted and secluded. This is an element that transcends current society and the way fashion is commonly viewed. Its organic and completely formed by natural events that are under no control of any designer, editor, photographer, or stylist. Something so simple as color can ignite many different thoughts but in this case its not just the color but what it resides on.

Skilled craftsmen create beautiful fashion and other stylish belongings however there's gotta be some sort of energy, or should I say motive behind what is being crafted. Commonly it starts with inspiration then off to the drawing boards. Teams assemble and beautiful visions are brought to life, and in this case the inspiration comes form a certain craftsmanship that cannot be found in any atelier or studio, but within the world itself. A unique balance of line weight fused with three-dimensional qualities allow this object to speak volumes of drama and character. The texture and shape of the object has a story of its own to tell.

For me this is really where most of the inspiration is originating form. Development of other sources have come into play quite significantly however I have yet to construct a strong inspiration board.

This project is what it is, I've been able to make the decision that I need to rethink the way I go about seeking inspiration, and certainly the way I go about development of a piece.

I hope to have some sketches and other photos uploaded soon, but this project is a major one and I plan to invest a significant amount of time and energy into the concept, vision, and most importantly the execution.

No comments:

Post a Comment